This is a new, updated process. Previously, the Oregon Employment Department (OED) staff had to affiliate you to BIINs. Employers and preparers can now do this on their own.
**In cases of preparers with more than 10 BINs, if requested, OED will assist them in affiliating to multiple BINs.
If a business you are requesting affiliation to has never filed a payroll report electronically and/or with positive subject wages (meaning only zero or no payroll reports have been filed), then you would affiliate through a separate process. This is very similar to the current process to request affiliation as a Business User (BU) except the system is only verifying the BIN and that there are no previous electronic reports. If the BIN(s) you are requesting access to truly have never filed an electronic report because they are either a brand new employer, previous paper filer, businesses not liable to Unemployment Insurance (UI) tax, or no payroll filer, than the system approves your request and you can file your report.
Please follow the below steps to request access in these instances.
Please note: Only one person can request access such as this. Each person thereafter would need to request access as a Business User; which the initial approved user would need to approve. This would need to be done until the first report is filed through OPRS.
1) Log into OPRS
2) If there are BINs already affiliated to the user, you will land on the Home page upon logging in. You must then select ‘Add BINS’ in the top navigation. If you are not affiliated to other BIN(s), you will automatically be taken there upon logging in.
3) Select the option all the way to the right of the screen with the header ‘You have never filed electronically before AND’
4) Select the radio button, ‘Yes, first time electronic filer’
5) Select ‘Next’ to be taken to the BIN entry page
6) If only entering one BIN remain on the ‘Individual BIN Entry’ option. If access to more than one BIN is needed, select the ‘Bulk BIN Entry’ option to be taken to a separate BIN entry page for multiple BINs
7) If the BIN(s) were entered correctly and they have never filed electronically, then a message will appear on screen for the number of BIN(s) you requested for affiliation and how many were approved
The Account Number and check digit (together they are the BIN) must be accurate and the BIN(s) must never have filed electronically or you will receive an error message
8) Once you receive the message the BIN(s) were approved you can go to the home page and file your first report
To access the Oregon Payroll Reporting System (OPRS):
For a new request for support email email@example.com.
For additional help and support resources visit https://oprssupport.zendesk.com.